What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with selecting on effects

Shadowing

Hey guys im having a issue not sure why

i have a image on a layer

so i select a square on the image. I then right click on the layer and click on blending options. Now all the effects are applied to the whole image not what i selected on the image. How do i only apply affects to just what I select?? ive done this before before i reformated my computer with no problems but doesnt work now any ideas?

When you have made your selection you need to create it's own new layer first, LAYER VIA COPY is a good one.

If you want to apply layer effects to the portion of the image you have selected, copy to a new layer, ctl/cmd + J. Then apply layer effects. The effects are for the layer, not the selection, so I think you're remembering it wrong.

:mrgreen: But I could be wrong . . .

Thanks guys, thats right now i remember haha. I have one more other issue, when i go to filter-render-lighting effects. the effect never works it displays a black scquare instead. Any idea why on that. thanks

Back