What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with Opening Images Saved from PSG

Rich54

Guru
This has now happened two times in a row when I try to work on an image that somebody has posted. As I've done successfully a thousand times before, I right-click on the image in the PSG forum and select Save As, and then I save it to my computer to work on it. But then, when I go to open the image in Photoshop, I get this message here and the image won't open.

Error Code.jpg

This has happened with posts from Kay_Ade today and from Icdp_lover yesterday. Is there anything special about the images they posted where the file is somehow not a jpeg? After I select Save As, I do not make any further changes to the file. I simply select Save As, choose a folder on my computer, and hit OK.

Rich

Hey Rich, I just downloaded (just as you describe) and opened both of the images you mentioned (in Ps) without problems. However, I've had this happen before when no one else is having a problem. For me I just open the image in Preview (MacOS) and save as a jpg. This usually cures the problem.

Ok, thanks. It has happened to me intermittently in the past, but twice in a row yesterday and today seemed a bit much.

Back