What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Properly replacing head

dee-u

I tried putting my head (leftmost) on this picture but I am not contented on how it looks, I want it to be more natural with the rest, how can I improve it? I just used grain and some adjustments. TIA
RodelioKatipunan3.jpg

overall...Very Good ! A bit lighter might make the head blend a bit better. The eyes are pointing off a different angle, not sure how to adjust for that ?

Yes, I want to make it lighter but perhaps the darkness of the hair should remain and I am not sure how to do that. =( And I don't know how I should adjust the eyes either.

From what I can see, the image isn't meshing well because I'm guessing your face was pulled from a much higher resolution image.
If possible, go back and make sure the higher res image is brought down to the lower res images DPI before transferring.
That goes a long way to making sure images blend well.

The next issue I see is your face has a lot more detail than the rest of the picture. Get rid of some of the detail in your face, so it matches the others and the image should blend quite well.

Best,
Chris

Chris is spot on....was your head a color photo ? if it was convert to B&W before adding....you can also pixelate the head to drop some res and sharpness...

:devilish:What I SEE IS THE SHaDOW ON THE NEW FACE DOES NOT MATCH THE DARKNEST OF THE OTHERS NOR DOES BRIGHTNESS area

Last edited:
try using the Dodge and burn tools on the new face

then add monochromatic noise in the areas of Dodge and burned this is what i got of course different tweaks get different results

RodelioKatipunan3_i.gif

Oh, it might help if you take the selection of the new face move it over to between the faces (semi clear area)copy it, paste it over the new face and put that layer in Divide mode then work the brightness or levels…to get that texture effect of the original image

A little bit like what iDAD explained just added some scratches with the pencil.

oldimage.jpg

Didn't have time to start it over again, I actually had another copy but with another head of mine, does it look better?
RodelioKatipunan4.jpg

Oooppss, was able to delete it since I thought it was better when I was doing it last night, sorry paul. =(

EDIT: Uhm, good to see that a moderator returned my deleted post. =)

Last edited:
No need to delete it mate, you are going in the right direction just need to look at the sizing and lighting no biggie.
We all make these mistakes and learn from them keep it up mate.

And theres certainly no need for 'sorry'...

This is the PSD for those who have time to tinker with, just hoping you could also share how you did it so I can follow. =)

Attachments

• RodelioKatipunanX.psd
    7.3 MB · Views: 0
Place your replacement head over the top of one of the other heads, adjust opacity so you can see the underlying head and then Ctrl+T to resize it nearer to that of the others.
As Paul also says, get the lighting right too. Looking at the original image, it seems its more B&W where as your face is Grey-scale. Near enough I hear you whisper but mess with levels of your face to get a more contrasty appearance.

Keep at it my friend, it's a ladder and you're working your way up to the top nicely :thumbsup:

Tried it again. It seems the problem is with my monitor, I cannot see much difference with the brightness and contrast, I tried calibrating it and this is the result, don't know if it better, what do you think guys?
RodelioKatipunan7.jpg

Back