What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS 2020: MAKE NEW CHANNEL Command

José Eduardo

When running an Action on PS2020 she stops at the command: "The command make is not currently avaiable"
Make channel
At mask channel
Using: Reveal selection

How to solve this?

colleague

Guru
is there a layer selected, that is not the background-layer ?
can you make printscreen with layer-window vissible ?

José Eduardo

No, the selected layer is the Background. It is visible. The Action is: Animated Ink - Ink by Sreda.
Look:

Action.jpg

colleague

Guru
is it this action

it says in step2 to "create a layer with the name "brush"
but I don't see that layer in your printscreen

José Eduardo

I have Animated Link Flow and it works perfectly. But I am stubborn, I want to use exactly what gives a headache !!!

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi Jose
It would probably help if we saw the entire Layer Stack and have each step of the Action steps expanded (click on the right arrows)
For example, the Action Step that is selected is looking for Layer "Mask" yet that Layer is not shown in your Layer Stack. That would cause an issue if it does not exist. So hard to debug without all of the details
Just a suggestion

PS - looks like a cool action especially the animated GIF they show

José Eduardo

The instructions tell you to create a new layer and name it MASK. I'm sending the layers as the action commands where to stop.

Capturar 2.PNG

Capturar3.PNG

thebestcpu

Guru
I am not exactly sure where the issue is and maybe @colleague will spot something more likely.
The only thing I spotted that is different that what I saw in the video post by colleague is that your Background Layer is no longer labeled as such where as in the video it always Keeps that name. I do know that if you try and create a mask on the Background Layer it will comply yet then rename your Layer as Layer 0. From the Action steps it is still trying to reference the Layer "Background" yet it is not there.
As I said, I am not sure this is the issue yet if you created a Layer Mask on the Background Layer before running the Action, that could be your issue. There is no where in the video where I saw the Background Layer converted to having a mask. Or it could be a bug in the Action itself.
That is the first discrepancy that stood out to me.
As I said, that may not be the issue .
John Wheeler

colleague

Guru
If I am correct the action stops at
Make channel
At mask channel
Using: Reveal selection

and at that moment the layer " Layer1 copy 4" is selected

if there is nothing selected at that moment , it is not possible to make a mask from a selection

is that the case ?

otherwise it is very difficult to test without having the action

José Eduardo

I have the action here. It is a 19.629Kb .rar file. I don't know if I could send it to you. Whether it would be against the Forum rules. If I can send it, just let me know that I send the file.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So it is allowed to share stuff you have to pay for???
This is a help forum. You are allowed to upload any file that you need help with regardless of whether or not you had to pay for it. This is a personal choice that each member must make. We would not allow the uploading of commercially sold files just for the sake of making them available to the public.

Almost all images uploaded here and edited by our members (including yourself) could possibly violate copyrights.............it's a choice that you have to make. Our only policy is that we do not allow the removal of any trademark, watermark, or copyright notification.

thebestcpu

Guru
As another item to check are the requirements for this Action from Mike Sreda. It has a couple restrictions. It gives recommendation for help including how to use the support page. I bet getting help from the resources or from the author directly might get you there quicker. Hope this helps some.
John Wheeler
ADDED EDIT - I realize this may not be the exact action you are using yet a heads up that some actions have limitations on what version of Photoshop and language version of Photoshop you are using.

** Ink Scribbles Animation Photoshop Action**
The Item Ink Scribbles Animation Photoshop Action is one of the best in its kind. This product is very useful and developed with very care. The main outstanding feature of this product is its quality. This Action might prove a game changer for you.
The video tutorial link is included in the ‘ReadmeFirst.pdf’ file in the download. The video tutorial covers how to set up your Photoshop file as well as effect customization techniques.
The animation action has been working with Photoshop CC+;
The action will ONLY WORK IN THE ENGLISH VERSION OF PHOTOSHOP . For instructions on how to revert your Photoshop to English to run the Action and the revert back to your native language, visit the link provided in the readme file included in the download.
If you are having difficulties with the Action, first ensure you have watched the video tutorial. If you are still stuck, please visit the support page link included in the readme file in the download.

José Eduardo

Well, Thebestcpu :)-)), I haven't read your last post yet but I just made some adjustments here, based on this I will create a Tamplate. It's still not what I want it to be, but the result, albeit poor, can be seen in the gif attached

ezgif.com-resize (1).gif

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi José

An interesting and apparently a very complicated Photoshop Action. Apparently you are able to successfully use the animated GIF portion of the Animated Ink Action.

However, it was not clear to me that your problems with the Action are now solved or not. If possible, would you clarify if you got things working and/or if you need any more help. Also, if things are fixed, what was the key issue in getting it to work? That information might very well be helpful to a future Forum member that attempts to use the same Actions.

John Wheeler