What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS 2020: MAKE NEW CHANNEL Command

José Eduardo

First I ran the action "for ready image" and not for a new image. Direct the image without making a mask. I want to try this later. There were a few stops, I don't remember where, and I went about resolving them one by one. I duplicated layer, once or twice. I don't remember which, nor where. I wanted to see the action work. I saved the original PSD file and the one I moved from where I will make a template. I will calmly try to record all the changes and spend here. Grateful for your help and participation.

thebestcpu

Guru
You're welcome yet @colleague was providing most of the help and my observations were pretty minor. Many Actions can be very picky about the conditions required for them to work properly. Some Actions are just not robust or forgiving when their rules/conditions are not followed exactly. It seems that this particular Action found some conditions that caused it to fail. Some types of Action sensitives are:
- What Layer is selected when Action is run
- Are specific names needed as Labels on layers
- Is a Layer allowed to have a Layer Mask or Vector Mask
- Must the lowest Layer be an official Background Layer and labeled as such
- Can there be Layers lower in the Layer Stack than the Layer from which the Action is initiated
- Dependencies on Version of Photoshop
- Dependencies on Language version of Photoshop
- Requirements of blending modes on Layers
- Any specific Layer Lock requirements
- Are Smart Objects allowed
- What bit depths are supported
- RGB mode only or is CMYK supported
and that's just to name a few. Authors of Actions don't necessarily test the Actions for all of these potential cases either and just wait for feedback from their customers about having any issues.

Glad you got it working even if you have not determined root cause.
John Wheeler