What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS Colour Problem

Tron

Guru
I don't know what happened but all of a sudden my colour palate is all screwed up, almost as if the wrong colour chart is loaded. When I go to change colours all I have is a weird mixture of graidients. Any suggestions.

kiwi

Guru
Try changing your color swatch to a different swatch in the color palette Rick by using the menu after clicking on the little triangle to the right,then if that is ok try switching back to your original palette choice :) see if that makes any difference :)

Someone has had this same problem before,I just cant remember how it was remedied thats all [confused]

Stu.

Tron

Guru
Yea Stu I seem to remember someone having this problem too, but like you I can't recall haow it was solved[confused]
I tried changing the colour swatch but no help, so for now I switched to the Windows style colour picker, not as good as PS but it is usable for now. I might need to reload PS to fix this.[confused]

kiwi

Guru
Try chucking your prefs first Rick as long as you dont mind re setting color prefs and palette positions etc :)

Hmmm let me see if I can re produce this phenomona before you do anything drastic bud ok :D

Stu.

Erik

Guru
What happens if you type in numbers for, say the RGB?

R G B

0 0 0 should give you black
255 0 0 should give you red
0 255 0 should give you green
0 0 255 should gibe you blue

If these don't work, then something's corrupted.
You can try to restart your comp and hope, but it can be that you have to re install PS. May be related to WinXP, I don't know...

Tron

Guru
Erik I did try that, if you notice the screenshot I posted the RBG values are 255,255,255 and the colour square on the top right show pure white as it should. So i asume tht the colors will worh OK if I type in the correct values.
As reseting my preferences I don't mind trying that, do I need to delete the file and let PS create a new one ?

kiwi

Guru
Try renaming it first {your prefs} Rick,then PS will make a new copy when PS is opened again,that way if it is not your prefs you have the old renamed copy to go back to :) ......I think thats is how it works...damn I cant remember anything anymore [doh]

Stu.

Tron

Guru
I think tour memory is better than you think. I did what you said, renamed the pref file and the opened PS. Photoshop created a new file and everything is back to normal. So i deleted the renamed file tried again and all is well.

Thanks a lot for the help guys