What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS CS5 - Extensions grayed out - Help

Luke Galyan

PhotoShop CS5 64 bit Version 12.0.4
Windows 7 64 bit

When I go to the Window menu the Extensions selection is grayed out.
Everything else in photshop is working fine.

I have looked around the internet alot and find I am not the only one with this issue.
However even the adobe help and forum seems to have no clue.

Before I get the same ol answers I see in various places here is a list of what I have already done.

Yes I have reset my preferences file.
Problem still exists.

Yes I have went to Edit>Preferences>Plug-ins and made sure all 3 boxes were chedked to allow plugins panel to load and allow plugins to connect to the internet.
Problem still exists.

Yes I have use Extension Manager to disable then enable the extensions.
Problem still exists.

Yes I have uninstalled photoshop and used Adobe's clean up app and deleted remaining remnants of the intallation then reinstalled and updated.
Problem still exists.

Does anyone have any insights as to how I might go about getting the extensions selection to work in the Window menu?

Even a point in the right (even just a different) direction would be appretiated.

I am hoping that someone in a photoshop dedicated forum would be able to assist?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you may have
Luke

Constantine

You need to install Photoshop CS5 into C: drive to make that extension menu acting normal. I don't know why, but it solves your problem.

thebestcpu

Guru
You need to install Photoshop CS5 into C: drive to make that extension menu acting normal. I don't know why, but it solves your problem.
Worth noting that the original post was 8 years ago (yet I would be impressed if they responded with a thank you :) )

Constantine

LOL.

but I'm still using Photoshop CS5 on my old Windows Xp. I tried to install CS6, but it crashes everytime after I use 'move' tool or 'free transform' menu command. I have no choice but to use CS5 instead. I love to use Coolorus extension but the panel greyed out like yours. Google leads me to your post and I find the solution from it. I unchecked 'load extension' option in 'preference' menu accidentally.

I realized this post is very old, but I believe Google will lead more people to this and our conversation may help other people and save their time.