What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ps Custom Shape Viewer

Gummo

Anyone know of the existence of a useful Ps custom shape viewer? At the moment my only alternative is to replace shapes with countless shape files I've accumulated - a tediously long process.

Are you wanting something other than the Preset manager?

Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 1.59.49 AM.png

Yes, something faster like an image viewer where I can hit the delete button. I have umpteen custom shape files I'd like to go through and get rid of shapes I'd never use.

Last edited:
HI!
My first answer did not include the shapes recognized by photoshop .............. sorry
but Argus Preset Viewer yes
I could not see if it is possible to delete files.

Argus Preset Viewer
With Argus Preset Viewer, see what’s inside your Photoshop brushes, shapes, patterns, and other presets

View attachment 136444

..... > on youtube

comments here : https://community.adobe.com/t5/phot...sions/preset-viewer-replacement/td-p/11033067
Thanks for that but, you're correct - it doesn't allow deletion of individual shapes.

Yes, something faster like an image viewer where I can hit the delete button. I have umpteen custom shape files I'd like to go through and get rid of shapes I'd never use.
Not sure how you could get any faster than the native preset manager. Viewing in small or large size and deleting one or a whole block of shapes is super easy and fast! You do have to right click for delete........................that should not be a problem.

Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 11.30.07 AM.png

I can select every other one for deletion or moving....(Cmd/Cntrl+click)
Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 11.34.35 AM.png

Or I can select a row for deletion and moving.....(Click - Shift+Click)
Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 11.34.46 AM.png

Maybe I'm missing something............if so..........I apologize!

Not sure how you could get any faster than the native preset manager. Viewing in small or large size and deleting one or a whole block of shapes is super easy and fast! You do have to right click for delete........................that should not be a problem.

View attachment 136446
Thank you for your continued and kind assistance. I will have to use the Preset Manager - it's just that it would have been great to just scoot through them hitting the delete button as I went.
I doubt if what I'm looking for exists or that there's even demand (apart from me).

it's just that it would have been great to just scoot through them hitting the delete button as I went.
I truly understand what you're saying. It's a personal preference and I get that!

You can basically do this in the Preset Manager.................it's all in how you look at it. Hold the Cmd/Cntrl key and click/select on all of the shapes you wish to delete, when done, right click and hit delete..............they're all gone with one click!

I truly understand what you're saying. It's a personal preference and I get that!

You can basically do this in the Preset Manager.................it's all in how you look at it. Hold the Cmd/Cntrl key and click/select on all of the shapes you wish to delete, when done, right click and hit delete..............they're all gone with one click!
I know - I'm just a cantankerous old nitpicker, always trying to shave milliseconds.

Back