What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ps Performance won't let me turn on my graphics card.

sailor842

Under Ps preferences > Performance > Graphic processor settings.......
It won't let me turn on my graphics card!
windows 11. multiple versions of Photoshop.
nvidia driver/nvidia geforce gtx 1650.
I have reinstalled drivers multiple times but no-go.
the gpu seems to work OK with Lightroom classic
the help threads don't help at all so far.

Hi @sailor842

You were not very complete about what you have tried or not.
Forum member recommendations can be better targeted to your situation if we know what steps you have tried.

Sometimes, following the Adobe troubleshooting steps can take a while, yet they often fix many of the problems.

Here are the troubleshooting links for Photoshop that should be tried in my opinion as a first step and if those don't work, confirm if you have tried the steps in all the links or not would at least narrow down where to focus recommendations.

It's also possible a forum member has seen your exact problem and can provide more specific guidance, yet if you don't get the response, here are the links:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/k...html#GPUandgraphicsdrivertroubleshootingsteps

Please follow the sublinks as well.

Just a suggestion
John Wheeler

OK. I will be trying the helps suggested (in order).
Here are screen shots of what I have encountered.

LR Classic Screenshot.jpg

nvidia control panel.jpg

PS 22 screenshot.jpg

PS 22 screenshot2.jpg

win 11 graphic default settings.jpg

Fixed! In the 1st T/S link I ran across the hint to turn off "open CL/GL" as a suggested correction.
Looking at the installed functions I found that it wasn't there.
So I installed "OpenCL and OpenGL Compatibility Pack in Windows 11" and restarted my machine & problem solved!

Thanks for the help...jack

Fixed! In the 1st T/S link I ran across the hint to turn off "open CL/GL" as a suggested correction.
So I installed "OpenCL and OpenGL Compatibility Pack in Windows 11" and restarted my machine & problem solved!

Ain't this a cool place to visit...😁

I'm glad the troubleshooting links helped. I'm also glad it was one of the earlier tips that helped out, so it was not as tedious as it could have been.
John Wheeler

Back