What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PSD export

rads

Hi,
I want to know whether we can directly export PSD format files into Flash MX2204 without first converting it to SWF.
Another qns.. how do we preserve the layers of a PSD file ...do we do Export as layers??? in FLASH 2004

No, Flash2004 only recognizes PS 2.5 & 3 files; which basically means it may as well not even support the format at all. NOone uses those versions anymore.

I'm not sure what your 2nd question is in referrence to? Please elaborate.

my 2nd qns was...

I have created a multilayered image in PS CS.Now I want to export this multilayered file into Flash Mx2004.Is there a methord that will permit this?ie)I conserve my layers for further manipulation in Flash. \:]

Ur answer for my first qns means that Psd format of CS is not supported in Flash ..so changing to SWF is inevitable.

http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=test5mh.swf

Here's an old ( very old ) test I was working on using PS images. All layers were saved as .png with a transp. bg. at 100ppi (1024x768) They fall into place and as you can see, they can be tweened. This will work with any version of anything. I have some later stuff as well, on disk somewhere

theFounder said:
No, Flash2004 only recognizes PS 2.5 & 3 files; which basically means it may as well not even support the format at all. NOone uses those versions anymore.

I'm not sure what your 2nd question is in referrence to? Please elaborate.

2.5 and 3? That really makes no sense. It's a good thing Adobe bought out Macromedia; things will make more sense soon 8}

I know this is an old post ,but i want to know others who visits this.

Now the latest version of Adobe Flash Professional CS3 supports direct import of Photoshop PSD files,not only PSD it features a lot for powerfull enough to generate web content and short movie clip.

They also provided seperate Adobe flash video encoder.

I hope this will information will be helpfull to new users..

I need good web hosting

Hey Members!

I'm looking for best web hosting provider where I could host many domains...
I also need big bandwidth and space.

Could you please recommend for me some good host? :)

Jeremy.

hi wavers, i rendered a very big scene with psd, when finished i tried to open my psd and pshop say this:

"could not complete your request because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered"

i tried to render my scene to a smaller res, but nothing, same error...any suggestions?

Back