What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Psycho Effect question.

baba

A question's answer or say the lack of it, has made me sad and sleep for 13 nights.

There are so many effects that can be created on PS it is difficult for a person like me who has not formally studied this powerful software, so please if anybody can take some time and tell me what is the effect in the image attached is called and how to create it? Very anxious to know this.

Screenshot (81).png

A question's answer or say the lack of it, has made me sad and sleep for 13 nights.
That's a bit dramatic.

I'm not at all sure what effect your asking about but this is very simple.

Create a document the proper size.
Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 9.27.07 AM.png

Open a Psycho image and duplicate.

Transform one Psycho image to the desired size.
Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 9.29.12 AM.png

Add a solid color fill layer of the appropriate color and reduce the the opacity to 70%.
Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 9.30.09 AM.png

Transform the duplicated Psycho image to the right size. Done.
Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 9.31.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 9.32.21 AM.png

Fantastic, thank you very much Sam, I had a belief whatever this effect is called will come handy if an image in smaller in size and cannot fit the screen so by doing this I thought that we can manage the image to fit the screen by enlarging or blurring the image in the background and keeping the same image in foreground at its normal size and it works perfectly fine, thank you once again, such images don't look good in videos if one wants to do polished work. And that was not dramatic :) as I did not know what is it called, I searched as much as I could for last whole week. I found many tutorials on fixing vertically shot videos but could not find how to deal with smaller image or vertically shot images.

psycho-book-cover.jpg

Untitled-1.png

Your very welcome.

And that was not dramatic :) as I did not know what is it called,
While I can understand mild frustration, but being sad and losing sleep is a bit much.

The problem is that your searching for specific effects by name and what you were looking for really has no name as it relates to the overall effect. What would help you out the most would be to start at the beginning and learn basic Photoshop techniques and you will soon be able to identify the techniques used in all of your favorite effects. But most importantly.............don't be saddened and never lose sleep.

The two images you posted above are very easy effects as well. They are just duplication, transforming, and masking.

Back