What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about CS6 Blending Options feature

jorgemv

Hi,
For some reason, when I tried to apply Blending Options (Stroke and Beveling Options), I see no way of adjusting size and color to either option. The pop-up window that appears when I right-click on the text layer I would like to edit, doesn't have these functions. In viewing some YT videos about how to use CS6 for Blending Options, size and color are clearly visible. Can you tell me how to get them back on my version? Many thanks.

For some reason, when I tried to apply Blending Options (Stroke and Beveling Options), I see no way of adjusting size and color to either option.
Are you actually selecting each option?

Just so you know I have CS6 running on another computer right next to me, but that computer is not connected to the internet. I'm comparing it directly with the current version of Ps I'm running here.

When you hit "Blending Options" you get a layer style.

This layer style window will open on just about any layer including text/type layers.

Under Bevel and Emboss, you should have all of the adjustments you see below. It's exactly the same for CS6.
All adjustments are available! Size and color.
Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 10.10.52 AM.png

Stroke.
The only difference here is that CS6 does not have the "Overprint" option, otherwise you have all the same adjustments.
Size and color!
Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 10.15.25 AM.png

The pop-up window that appears when I right-click on the text layer I would like to edit, doesn't have these functions.
Like these? This is a type layer which I right clicked.
Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 10.40.34 AM.png

Please post a screen shot of this pop up window. Thanks.

Not exactly sure if we are talking about the same thing...............let me know!

I have CS5, which I suspect is very similar to CS6. If I right-click on a text layer (or any kind of layer), I get a pop-up window where one of the choices is Blending Options. If I click on Blending Options, I get this screen for Layer Style:

1644945861724.png

From here, if you want Bevel & Emboss, you can't simply place a check mark in the box next to Bevel & Emboss. You need to actually click with the mouse on the words Bevel & Emboss, which then takes you to the screen with all the settings, which is the one you're looking for.

1644946014685.png

Back