What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about rulers

bgoodman4

It seems to me that at one time I had my rulers set so that 0 was at the middle of the project and the scale to the left (or bottom) was negative and to the right (or top) was positive. It is possible that I am incorrect about this but if not could someone tell me how to set them up this way please? I have tried to find a way to do it on my own but to no avail.

I don't know how to save it so it stays like this but go to the upper left of layer/picture (where the two zeros meet) and then put the arrow in that little box with the broken lines and drag it to where you want it...

Untitled-1.jpg

Yes, I know how to do that, I would like to have the default location of 0 at the midpoint of the canvas. On another forum it has been confirmed that this was possible at one time but it seems it may no longer be so.

It was possible in an earlier version. I remember doing it myself but the option has long been dropped.

I do have a file saved with that guideline preference for such occasion.

Create a new document (mine is at 500x500 pixel / 150 dpi) , click and drag the ruler guides to the exact center, add guidelines and SAVE.

You may want to lock the guidelines but in the event you need to expand the canvas, unlock it and expand the canvass as you would normally making sure the anchor point is set to center

It was possible in an earlier version. I remember doing it myself but the option has long been dropped.

I do have a file saved with that guideline preference for such occasion.

Create a new document (mine is at 500x500 pixel / 150 dpi) , click and drag the ruler guides to the exact center, add guidelines and SAVE.

You may want to lock the guidelines but in the event you need to expand the canvas, unlock it and expand the canvass as you would normally making sure the anchor point is set to center

Thank you very much for this,,,,its a bit of a pain to have to lock and unlock each tie the canvas size changes but it is def a lot better than nothing.

Much appreciated.

Back