What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Actions (Question) Change outlines of shapes within single image.

Nish101

Basically I have downloaded a travel doodle which I want to use for my background. However I want within the image the different shapes to have different color outlines of my choice. What would be the best and fastest way to do this.

images (7).jpeg

- Open the image
- Select--> color range (to target the white)(in this case about 77 to reduce the noise)
- Select--> invert to invert the selection

Untitled-1.jpg

- press ctrl + J to put the selection on a new layer (and remove the unwanted noise from the original white background)
- Add a new white background beneath the new selection
- Press ctrl + thumbnail to make the new selection active (you'll see the marching ants)

With a hard brush you can paint each item in the color or colors you want.

Untitled-2.jpg

I colored just a few in a hurry...

One thing I would like to mention is that the original "doodle" is poor quality and very dirty.

Original
Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 11.40.46 AM.png

This will translate to the colorization as well.
Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 11.41.00 AM.png

It can help by increasing the fuzziness setting in color range. This is set at 150.
Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 12.01.15 PM.png

The only way to avoid this would be to clean up the original before the selection process described by Eggy.
You can use the Brush Tool, a hard round brush, and set to white.
Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 11.49.19 AM.png

Hey Thank You, I was able to sort it out. Through your help I was able to do it quickly. Thank you

Back