What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

quick and easy way for shirt mockups

danman03

Can someone help me with a quick and easy method of separating highlights and shadows from a shirt? I need to mock up some designs, but I have to use specific images. All the tutorials I have watched are using white colored shirts and I am having no luck getting the shadows to look realistic of the shirt design. I need something that will work on any color of shirt and any style of shirt.

Thanks!

colleague

Guru
can you post the images that you have to use ?

maybe you can use one of the RGB channels for a black and white image
and then use that image on top with blend-mode "soft light"

danman03

I have about 20 different images to do. I have tried using Levels to separate the shadows. I've tried using an alpha channel. Every time I add the "shadow" layer on top of the artwork, the shadows don't appear and it just doesn't give it the realistic effect that I need.

danman03

Here's one. I have a few other shirts that are this type of material and when I try to separate the shadows, it gets real grainy looking because of the material.

test.jpg

colleague

Guru
in the mockup1.psd , you have to double-click on the smart object (layer name = fabric)
and paste the fabric and save the PSB image

danman03

Thanks! I don't think that is what I am looking for though. I need something where I can add the artwork below the shadows and hightlights layer

colleague

Guru
it is possible that you have to adjust the image to your liking
there are also other mock-ups that could work better for you

pauloalex_98

Power User
You can adjust literally everything in that PSD to your tastes. You just have to search the appropriate layers and modify them. Per example, in a t-shirt mockup PSD I have, all you had to do to change the color from white to black was click on the eye button of a layer. There are plenty of tricks you can use to change the looks of the mockup. You can click on the logo mockup layer button and remove the logo, then, you look up the t-shirt color layer and with a blending mode you change it from black to your desired color. If of course, there is no other trick to change the color.