What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick Question...

Bobzworld

Power User
i re-installed PhotoShop but i forgot to do the file association thing, so now all my .jpg's have the lil windows icon :(
s there a way to do this without re-instaling again?

thanks

Yes. You can select a file in the Win Explorer (one left click), then hold shift when you right-click (or is it Ctrl?). You will now see "open with" added to the menu. Choose this and choose open with Photoshop. And don't forget to tick the box "always use this app to open these files".
There are other ways too, but this one in the simplest that I know.
Hope it helps.

you can also in win explorer do a right click "open with" make sure the lil box at the bottom is ticked (always open this type of file with) and choose PS :D
sfm

hey Bob...

are you really sure that you WANT Photoshop to be the "default" image viewer for your system? That would be a real slow & cumbersome way of viewing images on your system. A lot of waiting involved there... [confused]

Do you not use a smaller image viewing app for that purpose? If not, try IrfanView, it's great: http://www.irfanview.com/english.htm AND it's free! :D

actually theKeeper

i use PSP for a quick viewer cause it loads up like "right now" and it has a built in browser.
but i like PS as my default for working on pics.
for just viewing ill use the PSP browser :)

thanks guys

Ok. :)

And please call me Mark Bob... NO! not Mark-Bob!... just MARK... Bob... hehehe :p

"theKeeper" sounds too formal. ;)

Back