What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

quite urgent?!! - cmyk or rgb?

gehickli

Hi everyone. i am new to this forum. I have set up 2 a2 architecxture presentation boards in photoshop in rgb, have come to print them and the colours are a lot more acidy and bright than on screen.

can anyone suggest where i have gone wrong?

thanks

You're outputting a RGB file to a CMYK printer, and for ease of use, should be using a CMYK color space. That is where your color difference came from.

We could get into all sort of discussions regarding color space, profiles, rip systems, etc... but that is your basic answer.

Just go to Image>Mode>CMYK

This will convert your existing document and display the colors you will be printing in. You will probably need to run calibrators on your monitor and printer to get these values to match. Until then it will be more of trial and error type of process.

Back