What's new

Radial Distort

igon

Help?

Is it possible in PS7 to distort a label to fit a normal plastic container?
Normaly the top radius is larger than the lower one.

I found a company called Telegraphics that have a Radial Distort plugin but it was for Illustrator.

Thanks

wbiss

Guru
Welcome to the forum igon! :)

I hope that I understand your question correctly! Do you mean this? [confused]

And If so, this effect is quickly achieved in PS with the use of the "Create Warped Text" option. ;)

theKeeper

Guru
Hi igon...

Wendy... i think igon means like putting a label on a can of soup... right igon?

If so...
Checkout Stroker's Website. He's got a ton of stuff on how to use the Displace Filter. Which would be the best method of getting the effect you're asking about.

http://w3.chrlmi.cablespeed.com/~halmich/tech-slop/index.shtml

If you need any, i'm sure he can help you out understanding his tutes. I can also help too if you need any.

igon

Hi there!

Yes, that is what I meant, wrapping a label around a container, not exactly a can of soup since the diameter of it at both the top and the bottom is the same but more like a butter's plastic container. I did check the link, tons of great info about the Displacement Filter. I would play around with it. I would love to know how the people that print this containers does it. There has to be a plugin somewhere.

Greetings and many thanks.

Stroker

Power User
Yeah,Cannify! In page 3, I show that you can get top/bottom difference with 3D Transform.

A few other things to look into (Google good!):
MorphMan
WinMorph
Squizz

wbiss

Guru
B7 Somebody had to be the first to jump in and "guess"! :\

I'm glad to see that Stroker has been able to help you out igon! ;)