What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radial Dot Pattern following outward contour - gulp!!

SCTRWD

Power User
Yep, except for the gradient should be black to white. And there should be white background at the bottom. And you can adjust the opacity of the gradient Smart Object to get the look you like.

RussH

Brilliant, Briliant, Briliant, thank you kindly guys, finally done it.

Now I guess my next question to get more creative is how has sprucemagoo done the jagged profile??

whoohooo.jpg

Last edited:
That looks awful with half dots, and again, you can do what I did in Photoshop. Like I said earlier, if you make a line of circles that decrease in opacity, then save it as a pattern to stroke the path of a circle, you wouldn't need to do it wrong. In fact it is paining me to watch this so much, I want you to have a vector file of the outer ring, so maybe we can put a stop to this.
View attachment 27733
View attachment 27742
View attachment 27732

Last edited:

RussH

Hey, Thanks sprucemagoo, I will give it a try with this method.

Im thinking this I might try this in illustrator, will this be reasonably simple to achieve in Illustrator with little experience, or is it tricky?

In my opinion, Vector images like this are easier to work with in Illustrator, it took me 15 mins to get the outer ring of circles done in Illustrator, where it would have taken me more like 30 in Photoshop. The only advantage that Illustrator has with this, is the ease at which you can work with multiple selections.