What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rate this picture please

I didn't say I don't like it, rating it 5 is me saying that this is an image that can be improved.

Earlier you posted a thread with the title "why?!", as if you were extremely surprised. Why were you?

There is no real focus. It could have been the eye, but it's pushed away too much to the side. The bright area in the middle is distracting and doesn't serve any real purpose.
I think it's also an unorganized mixture of techniques and objects without any real focus on what you're trying to express. Also the text feels a bit lost.

Just my view on it and I'm sure that there will be members with a different one. :)

Sorry, but I can't even give it a 5 for average.
I don't like it at all. It's a 9 in my book, and that's only because I gave you a point for being brash enough to post it and expect high ratings.

The contrast is horrid, with the whites far too bright and the red/yelllow colors just making it worse.
The focus is bad.
The highlight in the eye is phony from a mile away.
The composition is nonexistant. There is no flow for the eye to follow.
The type is superfluous.
The background is at an angle dragging the eye off the page..
The brush strokes on the layer around the eyes look cheesy...

This honestly looks like you didn't take more than 5-10 minutes at most to create.
You'll have to put a LOT more effort into your work if you expect high marks from anyone with some art/graphics/Photoshop experience... [:I }P }:\

2, i realllllllly like it :D

i accidently did that other post, but i wasnt all surpirsed, different ppl different opions. ive posted on other forums where ppl love it. i just wanted to know if it was liked. the critisim helped but i wasnt aiming for a proffesional looking piece. thx for the comments though and m15 <3

Were any of all those who reallllly liked it able to tell you why?

If not, they were probably of the "blanket praise patrol," who like almost everything people post...They're good for ego strokes, but you'll never learn or grow from their empty praise.

There's always a couple of 'em on every forum. M-I-5 proves that.

Yes you can always count on a few that love it no matter what and one or two that hate everything and everyone and just love to bash.

Now on to the pic. The contrast in general is not good. The photo does not render well on the web. The highlight in the eye, well it looks fake. Take a little time to tone down the whites and work on making things look real. Look at other photo's on the web with highlights in the eyes. They are smooth and blend with the eye. There are so many tuts on the web that will help you with this type of thing.

Also if this is the intended size of the pic the text is impossible to read. I would suggest making the pic somewhat smaller and change the font of the text if you intend on anyone reading it. Also the file would take forever to download so if you are planning on using this for a webpage, you will need to decrease the size quite a bit.

Hang in there, keep at it, and post some updates. :perfect:

I cant really say how I would rate it but I think that it has something...not quite sure. I can't agree with all of the opinions posted by others. I think that the blurred, saturated and out-of-focus thing can be a good thing.
Lindaw didn't like the eye and especially the highlight. I thinks its great. From my point of view this isn't an image that tries to be a first-class photo with realistic highlights and crisp contrast. This is a photo that has been distorted to look somewhat like a cartoon. Or something found in a computer game. To me that is OK.

I'd rather say that the problem is that the image still has a "photo-look". The right-most part have a almost a "computer-gamish" look and that is pretty cool but then the left background (the wall, bottle etc) is very much a photo.

So what I DO like: (2-3 out of 10)
- The right part with it's desaturated, weird look.
- The eye and the circle that feels like a cross-hair.
- The text that gives a gothic feeling (The movie Seven comes to my mind)

What I don't like: (7-8 out of ten)
- The photo feeling in the left part.
- The highlight in the middle distracts.

All in all I think it's a nice try that has a few things that could be corrected. But the most important thing is what you had in mind before creating this image. Is it what you wanted it to be?

/Moltas

I agree with Moltas, if you crop out the hair and the white board... etc on the left side, and move the text next to the eye, I think you'll have a pretty strong abstract piece. I think I know the style you're going for, it seems like you've done it on the lower right portion, but slacked off a little on the rest of the image, especially the hair part. Overall I think you're on the right track... this is of course, just my personal opinions. :perfect:

I don't like it at all. It's a 9 in my book, and that's only because I gave you a point for being brash enough to post it and expect high ratings
This honestly looks like you didn't take more than 5-10 minutes at most to create
The contrast is horrid.........The focus is bad.......The highlight in the eye is phony from a mile away.........The type is superfluous........the brush strokes on the layer around the eyes look cheesy......The composition is nonexistant.......
You'll have to put a LOT more effort into your work if you expect high marks from anyone with some art/graphics/Photoshop experience

There you go again. You amaze me. Your sense of tact is what's totally nonexistent, MsOz. Why are yoiu so angry all the time? Seems to me that fetus is just learning and is looking for help and corrective criticism. The operative words in that last sentence were corrective criticism in case you missed them. Maybe you've heard of it? It's where a mentor or teacher points out the problems in someone's efforts and suggests ways to correct them. It not only helps the student learn but it encourages them to ask more questions which promotes even more learning. You will NEVER accomplish that goal just verbally destroying someone's efforts the way you just did. I'm surprised you just didn't tell fetus to "go read the manual" like you did with me some months back. It saves you so much typing.

Bottom line, you're lucky this forum belongs to Mark and not me. I would not tolerate members who act like you do and I would politely ask you to please leave.

Lee

PS By the way, as long as you're so quick to tear apart someone's work, please make a note of the fact that nonexistent is spelled with an "e" not an "a."

Lee, allow me to quote the guy from the ING commercial; "I could not have said it better myself".

Though the picture may not be the greatest in the world, i still think the thought put into the picture, the raw idea, can still shine through.

*edit* Oh yeah, you might want to cut down on the size alittle...Just a thought...heheheh

Back