What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Realistic Eye?

stOrM!

Uhm someone can explain how should I make my eyeball much more realistic???

any suggestion would be great!

regards
s!

Ah tx Dudes!
This Eye I have done, just thought to add something to it to make it more realistic you know?

regards
s!

BTW.
I'll check that links tx...

Wow thats great!

I'll run over that tut today its really realistic my favourite too now :perfect:

Great eyeball stOrM! :perfect:

For more 'realism, I would 'ease up' (lessen) the outer shading. Then, study your own eye very carefully in the mirror and you'll see some tiny blue lines... ;)

wbiss said:
For more 'realism, I would 'ease up' (lessen) the outer shading. Then, study your own eye very carefully in the mirror and you'll see some tiny blue lines... ;)

Hi Wendy!
Thx can you please explain a little more what you ment because of "Lessen" My english [confused]

regards
s!

Hi stOrM! :)

I'll try to explain better! By "lessen" I mean the depth and the degree of the shading. I find the main shading to be too dark and that there's too much of it. It tends to make the eyeball look look sort of flat.

Let me give you an 'example'...

Your absolutly right Wendy! :perfect:

Will fix it too...

How about the Iris? something to change too???

regards
s!

Wow Wendy that looks more then great! :perfect: :perfect:

Wendy just a short question!

Can you please explain me how to select the little part of the eye mentioned in that tut you gave me?

I was pressing ALT key so ofthen till its broken but never get that needed Part of the eye to fill it in a new layer with white [confused]

that white part i mean:

Ok what I did is using the polygon lasso and draw the outline myself [confused]

Also how to add the brighter highlight to id on left and right side of the eye as seen from your example and on the tut look at mine its much different whats wrong?

Storm it is looking good......... have a look at the layer opacity is it different from the tute? to me it looks like you only have to lower it a bit :D
sfm

Hi! :)

Nope I checked almost anything currently... Blend Modes opacity everything is the same not sure what the error is [confused]

Eyes are fun.
Here`s one I did from DarkGardens tutorial. ^^

eyePaint.jpg

This one just for fun.

cateye.jpg

Another one from an eye thread at that *other* forum.

eye3.jpg

Did I mention that I like eyes ? Let me see yours..muwahahahahaha

Another thing to try with yours , Storm, is to adapt Marks Glass tutorial (highlight, reflection , inner shadows, and speculars) to give it some depth. After all, that`s very much like what an eye is. ( with all those little muscles and stuff in there)

docilebob said:
Did I mention that I like eyes ? Let me see yours..muwahahahahaha

Err, Will this do? Yup! I like eyes too. :rofl:

stOrM, did you check the blending mode and the stacking order?

Cheers Al

Excellent examples docilebob! :perfect: For anyone interested, Dark Garden's tutorial can be found here http://faq.ozoneasylum.com/162 ;)

[saywhat] R.A.! B7

Hi StOrM! :) I finally had a chance to get to that tutorial. I think that your highlights are coming out 'flat' because the base colour is kinda flat. Try changing the base colour to be a "brighter blue" and then set the highlights to "overlay". Also, make sure that the highlights are at the top of the stacking order in your layers palette. Remember, you can always play with the final colour by making a "merged layer copy" and fiddling with the Hue/Saturation (CTRL+B) in the end.

The blue eye on the left was created using the previous link tutorial that I gave you, with the blend mode modification.

The brown eye on the right was created using the iris texture map tutorial
http://my.en.com/~kimo/eyemap-tut.html It's a little more involved but it does look more realistic as far as the texture of the iris is concerned.

Can you please explain me how to select the little part of the eye mentioned in that tut you gave me?

I was pressing ALT key so ofthen till its broken but never get that needed Part of the eye to fill it in a new layer with white

that white part i mean:

To make that selection, CTRL+click on the base layer. This make a selection of the circle. Now you can "subtract" from this selection by holding down the ALT key (while the selection is active) and using the eliptical marquee tool to drag another circle selection out. What you'll be left with is a 'crescent shape'. When you have your desired shape, make a new layer and fill the selection with white.

This is something that you should play and fiddle with. On the other hand, you can "add to" an active selection by holding down the 'shift' key while making another selection with any of the selection tools.

Ohhh, eyes all over the place.

Wendy, I posted an eye tutorial in the tips area long ago. I give up :(| , I couldn't find it. It was in conjunction with mark's eye challenge mid-last year.

Anyways, I'll see if I can dig up a copy but I doubt I still have it. Here's the tute's eye .....

vee

Back