What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REALISTIC UFO???

Afraid I can't help with that Eric - that kind of thing is usally done in a 3D program I think.

eric hinders said:
Hello does anyone know or know where i can find a tut. for making a realistic ufo????? thanks
Greetings eric,

Haven't seen any tutorials on creating a UFO (realistic or otherwise). However, this seemed like a fairly easy effect to create (at least initially).

Try this:
1) Create a New Document (800 x 800, 72dpi, BG: White)
2) Create a new empty layer above the background layer.
3) Using the Marquee Elipse Tool, draw an elipse the size of your UFO.
4) Set this layers Styles to Bevel and Emboss with these settings:

UFObsl.jpg

This should give you a basic UFO disk.
You can then duplicate the layer and reduce the disk size (placing it behind the large disk) to add tiered levels.

Play and tweak it for more realism.
Here's what we did in about 15 minutes with it.

UFO1.jpg

This was a interesting question. Realistic UFO...if UFO's doesn't exist, can they still be realistic? I am not asking this just to be irritating, but I think that a realistic UFO is perhaps looking as an out-of-focus blob on a B/W photo.

This could be quite interesting to have a go at. How to make a fake photo of a UFO. Maybe a contest :)

/Moltas

Back