What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recover Digital photo's

Ashcat

Hi,
My other addict is digital photography and I know that some of you have a digital camera. Did you ever delete photo's without meaning to do so?
Well you think these are lost, aren't you? ;)
No! You can bring them back as long as you don't format your cf-card, or sm-card or m-stick.
(I've needed it more than twice... ;\ ;\ because I thought I copied the photo's and I didn't.)

This little program is called "Digital Image Recovery" and I found it on a website from a German guy. At that time is was for free, now you have to pay for it. Maybe it is updated or so, I don't know, but the program I have works extreamly well :D

If you are interested in it, send me an e-mail (ashcat_@hotmail.com) and I'll send it to you. It is only 578KB (zipped) so that's no problem.

If the crew likes to set it in the forum, that's okay by me but you have to instruct me what to do or were to send to.
Bye,
Ashcat

B7 Cool!

And yes, Ashcat, that's happened to me more than once too! [innocent]

Thanks for sharing and your generosity! :}

[shhh] .. me too ... haven't needed to recover deleted images from camera but it will happen one day :) ... and had assumed that once deleted they were gone (silly assumption really, when I think about it 'cos they would probably be deleted the same way as on computers ... just corrupt the file name) ... anyhow, got to get back to setting up "Bugs4" (new computer) .. am soooo pleased with myself 'cos I've setup and partitioned "Bugs4" and also resized the partitions on "Bugs2" without any problems ... it's so addictive!! am looking for other computers to partition :rofl: :rofl:

Ashcat thanks a heap............ although I hope I would never need it ;\ but then again my memory [oops] aint what it used to be I am sure :{ so perhaps it will come in handy [excited]
thanks for sharing :D
sfm

I always thought when I started using my first digital camera, that there would always be a few nice shots, if I would just shoot enough pictures [stuned]
That didn't work. Now I take time for my shots, I look more at the composition, light, depth of field etc and my shots turn out better than if I would have taken 10 quick and dirty shots of the same subject.
Needless to say that I need less RAM because of this approach and that's also the reason why I never had to delete any picture on my camera.
I'm happy that I didn't, because many shots turned out quite good after a small crop or image adjustment.
I can now shoot the equivalent of 4.5 rolls of film in HQ Jpeg so that's more than enough and the quality is great, very close to TIFF.
And if I ever run out of Ram, then I just buy an extra 256 MB RAM for less than $100 US, which would make the total an equivalent of almost 14 rolls of film :shocked:

Gauss, I agree with you, the more pictures you make, the worse they are. You have to learn to take a good photo, indeed you can talk about "compose" one. But sometimes I will click and than somebody walks in front of your camera }:\ , or I focussed at something and at that particulairy moment the sun peeps through the clouds, right into your cam... [doh]
I have a lot photo's taken at such moments [confused], now I click often "quick and dirty" for the beginning if I see something I like to have and after that I compose the real photo. :)
It's like PS, starting with some basic things and after that you see what could or has to be better. Learning all the time!
Bye
Ashcat

Most of my pictures that turn out bad are because of shutter lag.

Ever tried to photograph a little kid playing on the floor or that special smile when you have to deal with that lag?
My camera doesn't have a lot of lag, but enough for me to get frustrated with it every once in a while. It's however less of a problem for more recent cameras.

Back