What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recreating a company Logo

frenchfrog

Hi people,

I'm working on recreating my uncles Marketing Campaign, Vinyl Decals, business cards the lot!

So I'm looking for help with the recreation of the logo itself.

It's attached so please view it and let me know how I can recreate the shadow all around "patco". It's really sharp on the edges of the shadow and I'm just not able to recreate it. I tried drop shadows and that didn't work. I can't figure out how to do a wrap without the top bending either.
PATCO_transport.jpgPATCO-enseigne jpg.jpg
I have a feeling this was done in Microsoft Word.

Thank you!

If u are talking about the green, its probably just a sharp outer glow. Either that or its 2 layers with the letters being smaller in the top layer.

from me to you....

If u are talking about the green, its probably just a sharp outer glow. Either that or its 2 layers with the letters being smaller in the top layer.

from me to you....

Well I found it, and it seems to be EXACTLY what I was looking for.

BUT now the bow-ing of PATCO, how do I recreate that?! see the top doesn't move. And lastly what font is that!?

The bowing text transform. If u are using PS, hit T for text then go to the top where it says transform. Not sure of the font right off hand.

from me to you....

FF said:
BUT now the bow-ing of PATCO, how do I recreate that?! see the top doesn't move.

This is one way to do this.

With the text layer highlighted and the Text Tool selected, go to the tools menu bar at the top and look for this icon and click on it......

Screen Shot 2013-09-04 at 3.39.12 PM.png

Then make the following entries to the dialogue box......

Screen Shot 2013-09-04 at 3.38.57 PM.png

See if that works for you.

The green outline of the letters in PATCO look like a simple stroke in layer styles. The cactus on the other hand looks like what Josh described...........

A new layer is created, the original cactus was selected using cmd/cntrl + click, then go to SELECT > MODIFY > EXPAND, then fill with green. MOve this layer below the cactus layer. May have been re-positioned to the right a few clicks.

Hi frenchfrog (isn't that redundant? :mrgreen: ) welcome to the forum.

As you suggested, this could well have been done in MS Word; it has word art. Photoshop is much easier to use for this kind of thing and you can control the resolution better.

The one thing I would suggest in recreating this is to move the T and the C of PATCO apart from each other and maybe the O a little closer. Make the spacing of your letters more even, not the exact same spacing, as letters "fit" together differently according to their shapes.

I am not understanding why the drop shadow isn't working, nor why the outer glow would since it's angle can't be changed. The green edge is a stroke, but when I look at it fully enlarged, there is an additional shadow. So, isn't that just a drop shadow fx?

Last edited:
I just gave the method a try. What I would do if it were my project.

I made the PATCO text, put on a gold to white gradient overlay and a green stroke. Then I rasterized the layer so that I could use the warp tool. Transform>warp, move the bottom two corners straight down and budge the middle a bit if necessary to take the deformity out of the outer letters (I overdid it on the "O" so tread carefully!).

Then ctl/cmd click the text thumbnail, fill a new layer below it with black. Nudge the layer over and down for a crisp drop shadow.

Here is a pic of the warp:

warp.PNG

Then with the drop shadow:

PATCO.jpg

IamSam, that was exactly the tool I needed, THANK YOU!

ibclare, that's really cool, I've tampered with how you did it and both technics work, and if I forget one, I'll have another to use!

I found the Font also, it's Cowboys on: DaFont

thank you all! this is what I've gotten thus far PATCO Logo .jpg
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

You have the tools to reboot that logo entirely. I'm just suggesting that maybe recreating it almost exactly as it was, even with the flaws that were presumably due to inferior tools, isn't the best design decision.
A crisper look to it would look alot more professional.

Back