What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reflection enhancement.

dug

Hi all,

Well I have been a avid PS7 user for a long time now, mainly to do touch ups and compositions for my 3D work etc but ,ately I have been trying my hand at photo restoration and image enhacement.

I have a problem. I am trying to enhance a photo that has a reflection in it so as to try and make out the detail in the reflection. Does anyone know how I should go about improving the image.

Dug
www.glossyfx.com

Hi Dug!

My initial thought is to copy the reflection onto another layer and use the various blend modes to get what you want. You'll probably want to mask the layer also to get rid of anything you don't want.

If you post the picture we will be better at giving you suggestions.

well here is the image......

I would like to bring out as much detail as possible of the human figure in the picture.

reflection.jpg

There is so little you can improve about this one, it's not even worth a try.

The face got lost in the sky that contains many areas that are close to pure white (0,0,0 RGB, use ceyedropper tool), which means that you won't recover any details, not to mention that the reflection in that area is not very strong.

Fair enough comment for this image but I would still like to know what teckneques I would use to bring the details in this one or images in the future.

Back