What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

reflection text effect, (newbie)

terp

Hi my name is Terp and I am a newbie. I found this site by just surfing around, stopped and looked around and decided to join. I have photoshop elements 5.0. My question is this, I tried to follow a tutor he was showing how to make your text have a reflection, I was doing okay until he went to layer column, went down to rasterize, I looked and looked and found no rasterize on my elements 5.0. What would I have used to take place of rasterize?
any help? I hope to learn from this board. thanks Terp

Hi. The original author wrote the tuturial for Photoshop, not for Elements. The whole site is focused on Photoshop and not on Elements, those are two different programs. I don't have Elements either, so I can't help you, hopefully others can. :)

I don`t have Elements, either, but I`m guessing that he wants you to rasterise a text layer so that you can modify it, yes ?
If so, try right clicking the layer in question. Do you get a pop up menu ? Is Rasterise Layer there ?

In Elements, I believe it is called Simplify Layer from the Layers menu.

Back