What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific remove background of birdcage

ipoduke

i tried submitting this to several other websites and they erase all background except between the bars. i even changed the background to green, but this is what I got. i realize it's very detailed but there must be a way.
appreciate any attempt!

3_inPixio.png

ex_teacher

Guru
Here's another shot at it'

I thought I had a few ideas to make this easy. Fat chance:( I ended up using the Stupid Tool a lot. That's the one were you spend way too ,to much time with diminishing returns and a stiff neck.

Eventually I just had to stop.

2 bird cages_4.png

ipoduke

Exactly!
However, I "stumbled" upon something. When you're a non-guru, this stumbling happens when you click this, click that, etc.
So, I selected the background and clicked on Select - Similar, and delete! :yay:So exciting, when you "stumble" on something!
Edges need cleaning up, but I'm going to use a colored background and take another photo and try again.
This will save me hours I usually spend on detailed erasing.
After years of being a stumbling non-guru, you real photoshop gurus are my heroes! :bowdown:
1_inPixioa.png