What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Remove background

Harrisen

Can someone please remove the background from this image and leave just the factory? The crane on the right doesn't matter as I think it will still look okay without it.

Thank you.

Factory.jpg

polarwoc

Guru
Here is the exact image without the background sky with original border intact. The background sky is seen as White here but it is actually a transparent background.1272-After-Factory.png

iDad

Guru
I noticed you missed 2 spots by the crane /trees area and the corner of upper dormer where it meets lower building fyi (no criticism here) just some helpful tips;)

iDad

Guru
I can see you like a challenge, now try clipping out the crane grid itself.;)

polarwoc

Guru
I discovered the Quick Mask tool recently and in conjunction with Shift-Clicking, it offers a powerful way to select parts of the image with a lot less effort.
In order to make the No-Crane possible, I had to plant a few trees along the horizon.
1272-After3-Factory.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think iDad was using an older phrase referring to a clipping mask. He was challenging you to actually remove the background from the Crane's framework, not to remove the Crane entirely.

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 7.45.55 PM.png

iDad

Guru
I think iDad was using an older phrase referring to a clipping mask. He was challenging you to actually remove the background from the Crane's framework, not to remove the Crane entirely.

View attachment 85730
actually his idea, entirely appropriate seeing how its a freebie lol good idea @polarwoc

polarwoc

Guru

:laugh: Ah, now I see @iDad was trying to pull my leg.

I could actually attempt that if the OP needed it. I think if I just draw the crane arm myself it may be hard to make out on the Greyscale image.