What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Remove glare from flash

Kivo

This is a picture of an old photo and I can't find the original :(

If someone could somehow remove the glare from the flash, and remove the blue mark under the player on the bottom row, it would be really appreciated.

Many thanks in advance, from someone without a clue on where to start on this sort of thing!

1951-52.jpg

Seemed more like fingerprints or handprint. Could have been on the original photo or possibly it was scanned with a smudged glass over it or under it.
Did my best to clone it out. Also repaired the tear under the seated players neck.
Added a bit of sharpness to bring back some detail
Probably could use more work...might come back to it or someone else may jump in...
- Jeff
soccer team edited.jpg

Wow, I am a bit overwhelmed by these! Thank you so much to you both!

Babine - the colourisation is superb, but I know the team in question played in red and black rather than blue and black, and the goalkeeper (back row centre with plain top) would have worn green.

Would it be possible to achieve these colours?

I have three other similar pictures that I would love to get colourised in a similar way but would have no idea where to start.

Many thanks again.

Wow, I am a bit overwhelmed by these! Thank you so much to you both!

Babine - the colourisation is superb, but I know the team in question played in red and black rather than blue and black, and the goalkeeper (back row centre with plain top) would have worn green.

Would it be possible to achieve these colours?

I have three other similar pictures that I would love to get colourised in a similar way but would have no idea where to start.

Many thanks again.

Difficult due to the quality of the photo ... hopefully it's close.
In Photoshop, A good start is place a new blank layer overtop, change the blend mode to Colour and paint with your colours using a soft brush. Save the coloured areas of this layer to an Alpha Channel. That way, you can activate the channel and make changes to the colour, luminosity, saturation, etc without effecting the rest of the shot.

Team-Recoloured.jpg

Back