What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Remove hand in sunglasses reflection?

jessie_m

Hello,
Is anyone able to remove the hand in the sunglasses reflection (on both lenses) so you can’t tell it’s a selfie? Even if the whole reflection is just sand that would be great.

D72B6AB0-D51E-48D4-B383-1EB9E0B0B916.jpeg

carlbush

Power User
In order to make it NOT look like a selfie, I reversed the image to how a camera would see you. The "QUAY" sunglass text would not be reversed in a regular photograph. Brightened the image just a bit as well. sunglasses2.jpg

Rich54

Guru
In order to make it NOT look like a selfie, I reversed the image to how a camera would see you. The "QUAY" sunglass text would not be reversed in a regular photograph.

Now I'm confused. I reversed the word QUAY in my edit, thinking that it was reversed in the original post due to the "selfie". I was just about to agree with Carlbush that reversing the entire image is more correct. But now I'm thinking that a selfie is simply holding a camera in front of your face and snapping a photo, which should be no different—in terms of orientation—from having somebody else snap the photo. Nothing should have been reversed to begin with. So now I'm wondering why the word QUAY is reversed in the original post.

carlbush

Power User
Now I'm confused. I reversed the word QUAY in my edit, thinking that it was reversed in the original post due to the "selfie". I was just about to agree with Carlbush that reversing the entire image is more correct. But now I'm thinking that a selfie is simply holding a camera in front of your face and snapping a photo, which should be no different—in terms of orientation—from having somebody else snap the photo. Nothing should have been reversed to begin with. So now I'm wondering why the word QUAY is reversed in the original post.

Rich, it depends on which camera you use to take the picture. If the FRONT camera then, yes, the image is the same as if someone used a regular old-fashioned camera. If you use the REAR camera (the selfie-camera), it allows you to see yourself in the display while taking the picture so can frame the image you are taking. Also, since a lot of folks use the selfie camera as a means to check themselves out, the selfie-camera displays the image as a reflection (as if you are looking in a mirror). The easiest giveaway of a selfie is that the text is reversed. So the OP took her selfie with the REAR camera. In order to have the image look the same as other folks see her, the entire image needs to be flipped back. You can check this by looking at yourself in a selfie-camera and wink at yourself. You might be winking your right eye, but your selfie (reflection) is winking his left eye.

Rich54

Guru
Rich, it depends on which camera you use to take the picture. If the FRONT camera then, yes, the image is the same as if someone used a regular old-fashioned camera. If you use the REAR camera (the selfie-camera), it allows you to see yourself in the display while taking the picture so can frame the image you are taking. Also, since a lot of folks use the selfie camera as a means to check themselves out, the camera displays the image as a reflection (as if you are looking in a mirror). The easiest giveaway of a selfie is that the text is reversed. So the OP took her selfie with the REAR camera. In order to have the image look the same as other folks see her, the entire image needs to be flipped back.

Got it... thanks. I didn't know this because I'm the last person on the planet who still does not own a cell phone. So now I officially agree that you are correct to have reversed the entire image.