What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Remove Man Boobs #13

Oouis

Can someone please help me remove the man's boobs from this man on the left chest in the photo? Maybe look skinnier too? Thank you!

E35FFA1C-C7D9-47AB-B78D-C7F320707852.jpeg

Had submitted one last night but asked it to be removed - the color correction was more than wrong.
Continued to think about it and revisited it this morning with a different approach. Still has a bit of a blue cast which may be reflection off of the background.
Any critique/comments appreciated. Color is my weakness...

whca image edited REV 2.jpg

Not claiming that mine is so perfect, but here's how I approached it.

My first thought for color casts is to start by setting the gray point. In this case, I identified the area of the guy's shirt (circled in red) as a reasonable gray point. That got me here:

Step1.jpg

My next step was to examine the histogram. As you can see where the red arrow is pointing, there is a large gap with no whites, so I moved the white slider to the left.

Step2.jpg

At this point, the background looks pretty good and their clothes seem alright, but their skin tones are way too saturated.

Step3.jpg

From here, I reduced the overall saturation by eye and left it at that. As an added check, we know that this photo is from the 2022 White House Correspondents Dinner held a few days ago, so I downloaded another image from that event as a sanity check on the colors and lighting. For example, we know that the background lettering needs to be white.

2022 WHCA.jpg

@Rich54 - many thanks for the insight!
My first try I just tried going thru each channel on the curve adjustment layer and pulling the sliders on each color. Just too much saturation. Then I just tried going by eye which, for me, is the wrong road to take. I got as close as a I could and posted, but then after seeing yours, just asked admin to take mine down.
This morning I proceeded along the path you mentioned - I set the white, black and gray points using a curve adjustment layer. Used this PIXImperfect tutorial as a guide which worked up to a point. As in all things Photoshop, one size never fits all. But it got me closer than I'd been before.
Coincidentally, I also used that same WHC image to match the background. But of course, this last time around, I was so hung up on the skin tones, I missed that completely.
Again, I appreciate the backup - will definitely be approaching it a bit more carefully in upcoming work. :)
- Jeff

The skin tones are their own separate challenge from the rest of the image, which I mostly ignored in my edit aside from an overall desaturation. That spot where the photos were taken seems to be the official photo-op area for the event, so you might guess that it's professionally lit and wouldn't present much of an exposure problem. Clearly somebody hastily snapped this image with their phone and the camera had entirely wrong settings.

Back