What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Remove people from the photo

Jodie

I recently got married and have no photo of just me (the bride) and my mum from the day. Could you remove my dad and husband from the photo so that me and my mum could have a photo together? Thank you so much, it would mean a lot to both me and my mum.

DSC02449.jpg

Rich54

Guru
This ordinarily would be of medium difficulty, but certainly do-able. One problem is that your mother's left arm is hidden behind your husband, while at the same time your right arm is also hidden behind your husband. When we try to put you and your mom together, one of you needs to have an arm. Do you have another photo of your mother in a similar pose where her arm is visible?

Jodie

I'll have another look through all the photos later today juat to double check, such a shame. Thank you so much for trying, it is really warming to know that people will help others out :) i have found this photo but not sure what the quality is like as taken further away but the same isaue may arrise with arms. Thank you in advance

DSC02401.jpg

JeffK

Guru
So in order to account for the issue with the arms, I cropped closely and moved the figures around. Some cloning, a bit of color correction. It's not perfect certainly - but hopefully this works for you. If anyone else wants to jump on it or offer another version, please do. Sounds like an important image for her!
- Jeff
bride nd mom edited.jpg

Jodie

Thank you so much! I cant tell you how much this means to me. From. One stranger to another thank you!

MarkZ

Very difficult to do this kind of thing really properly in such short times. (not 100% finished yet, thought I better jump in) - beautiful shot

DSC02449_mum&daughter.jpg

Last edited:

Jodie

This honestly is absolutely amazing, i cant thank you enough. A photo that i will treasure forever

Jodie

A pleasure - if you want me to finish it with proper detail, let me know
Oooo yes please. However i understand that time is a precious thing so please don't feel like you have to. I am honestly so greatful for what you have created. I wouldn't have had a clue how to even make this photo a reality so i thank you for all your help and effort :)

MarkZ

Oooo yes please. However i understand that time is a precious thing so please don't feel like you have to. I am honestly so greatful for what you have created. I wouldn't have had a clue how to even make this photo a reality so i thank you for all your help and effort :)
PM sent to you Jodie - I will do this

MarkZ

So sorry this took me so long, here's the updated version. Any amends you can see, please let me know. Always good to get 'another eye'

DSC02449_mum&daughter3.jpg

Jodie

That is absolutely perfect i can not thank you enough. A picture that will be treasured forever. I plan on framing it for my mum so she has it on display in her house :)

MarkZ

That is absolutely perfect i can not thank you enough. A picture that will be treasured forever. I plan on framing it for my mum so she has it on display in her house :)

I'm really happy, thanks x

Argos

Guru
Nandagopal be careful with the color cast, I see a green dominant and with wedding dresses its usually not a good idea.