What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove reflective grid in ps cc 3d

3vangelica

Hi, I'm having trouble with 3d. My highly reflective (chrome) objects are reflecting a grid. I can't find this grid or how to turn it off. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments depict what I mean (I made a rudimentary 3d chrome object to show).
I also made a video because it's still difficult to grasp what I mean from the pictures (you can see it here).

Thanks (Hopefully)

Attachments

• 2018-05-08_21-25-51.png
    2018-05-08_21-25-51.png
    156.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 2018-05-08_21-27-09.png
    2018-05-08_21-27-09.png
    130.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 2018-05-08_21-27-28.png
    2018-05-08_21-27-28.png
    279.6 KB · Views: 3
Does anybody even know what this grid is? or if nobody here can help, can somebody point me in the direction of some other resource (community) that might know?

I've never seen this before.
Let's see if we can help you out.
Can you check if you applied a material as IBL?
If yes, reset the IBL.
If not I'll have to look further...
Untitled-1.jpg

I think I found out what went wrong.
You did choose 'cube wrap' for the 3D, then applied this checkered glossy material (I disabled my 'tips' so I can't tell the right name) to it giving this as result:
Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

So it's the material that's the problem?
It says 'Chrome' as the material title so I assumed that it was chrome (with a checkerboard just to signify it being reflective).
Thank-you very much for clearing that up. I'll have to find/come up with an alternative material.

Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you. This has been driving me nuts for months!

No problem.
When you hover your cursor over the material does it really say 'chrome'?
(I disabled my tips)

Back