What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Remove the heart's around head photoshop request

Redneck48

Can someone remove the heart's around Akagi head. Nothing else needs to be done.

unnamed (1) (0).jpg

On Jeffs edit I moved each channel a bit to position them better on top of each other.
With this I could get rid of the many colored lines in the image.
I hope you don't mind Jeff?

akagi edited+.jpg

JeffK

Guru
On Jeffs edit I moved each channel a bit to position them better on top of each other.
I hope you don't mind Jeff?

I don't mind at all, Chris. This is a great collaborative workspace. I appreciate your attention and insights wherever possible! :)
- Jeff

Rich54

Guru
I moved each channel a bit to position them better on top of each other.

@chrisdesign, could you please elaborate about what you did here? I have never heard of moving a channel. I took a random Photoshop file, went into the Channels palette and tried using the move tool to nudge one of the channels, but Photoshop wouldn't let me do that (I have CS5). Can you explain more specifically what you did?

Thanks
Rich

JeffK

Guru
@chrisdesign, could you please elaborate about what you did here? I have never heard of moving a channel. I took a random Photoshop file, went into the Channels palette and tried using the move tool to nudge one of the channels, but Photoshop wouldn't let me do that (I have CS5). Can you explain more specifically what you did?

Hi Rich:
I wondered the same thing. I believe that @chrisdesign had seen that the image was out of register. It's a printing error where the colors - in print it's CMYK - don't line up. The press sheets have register marks on them so the pressman knows if the colors are lined up properly and shifts the plates as needed. This image looks as if the OP pulled it from a printed piece. The blue channel looks as if it's hanging out to the side.

Now that I went on so long about that, the trick is to place each channel on its own layer - sort of like putting each color on its own printing plate. There's a quick video that I found that shows how it's done:

Chris may have done it differently. But I think that's what he did.

What I found interesting, that I couldn't explain, is that when I split an image into 3 channels, the bottom channel couldn't be moved. Only the top layer or the middle layer. Somehow the bottom layer becomes anchored.

Neat experiment and it does have it's interesting effects.

- Jeff

Rich54

Guru
Thanks Jeff. I was not aware of this technique. It could be used to deliberately make an image out of register, sort of like an Andy Warhol silkscreen effect.
I like knowing these things, even if I probably won't use it much.