What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

removing backgrounds and making them transparent?

HKB

I have a logo with a white background that I want to remove and make transparent.
I can remove the white background but areas inside the logo that need to be transparent
have turned black. Anyone know a solution to making the black inner areas see-through?

select the area > copy it> delete it> paste it back in place> you will have a new layer> go to the layers window and at top you will see sliders for opacitys, slide it to the point where the transparency is at the point you want.

again, where is your photo to show us what you mean????

anyhow...

you need to go into the black areas and select the eraser tool, then zoom in real tight and manually erase those black areas until they become transparent.

Remember this guys: when it comes to Photoshop work, a large portion of it needs to be done manually with drawing tools instead of just relying on menu commands. If you don't learn how to work with the manual drawing/erasing tools then you're going nowhere with this program.

Last edited by a moderator:
most of photoshop needs to be worked with manually. If you rely on file menu commands (edit/adjustments..) etc, then you're only seeing 25% of the program. It's why a tablet is important, so you can go in and manually draw/erase areas that you are working with. Relying on just commands means you can sit back, have your hand on the mouse, and try to do everything with just clicking here and there- not good enough. Get up and close with it, and draw in your stuff manually, you'll see what you're missing

im new.. sometime people isnt use to computer stuff... like how people dont know how to change oil. but yea dude need to show off photo's

Why not just use a mask? Pen tool to trace the logo and then Layer>Vector Mask>Current Path.

Back