What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

removing blue graph lines and tint

ushere

another senior moment, or two...

need to remove graph and green tint from image, and embolden black lines?

i'm forgetting way more than i remember, that's the problem with semi-retirement ;-(

test graph.jpg

Hi @ushere

The approach I would take is use a Channel Mixer Adjustment Layer set to monochrome and set Blue to 100% and Green and Red to 0%. Then fine tune by maknig the green go negative.

Since this is a JPEG image and the compression artifacts raise their heads you will see great dimming of all the blue/green yet not all. So follow that with a Threshold adjustment Layer and move the slider until the artifacts are made white and all you have is the black of the desired parts of the image.
I bet that will work
Hope this helps
John Wheeler

Open your image, create a duplicate, and turn off the bottom layer. This keeps your original intact for comparison:

1680057191015.png

Add a black and white adjustment layer:

1680057390218.png

If it's not open already, click on the half moon circle to open the properties dialog (or with the adjustment layer active, open the properties tab):

1680057524711.png

1680057575341.png

Now click on the blue slider and pull it to the right:

1680057733229.png

I don't see green in your image but you can do the same with the green slider.
Now add a levels adjustment layer and pull the left slider to the right which will darken/strengthen your illustration:

1680058033382.png

Finished - crop as needed.

1680058136848.png

thank you gentlemen for your rapid response, very much appreciated indeed...

tried both methods with great success, but prefer jeff's as it seems to give more subtle control.

either way, thanks again.

this ageing thing is getting pretty annoying - things i never thought twice about, now require another cup of coffee ;-(

thank you gentlemen for your rapid response, very much appreciated indeed...

tried both methods with great success, but prefer jeff's as it seems to give more subtle control.

either way, thanks again.

this ageing thing is getting pretty annoying - things i never thought twice about, now require another cup of coffee ;-(
Thanks for the response! The process I showed is helpful but it does have its weaknesses as I found out when editing a landscape photo. But in this image, it's very effective. With Photoshop, it's always knowing what a tool can do and what it's limitations are.

As far as ageing, I don't mind. It's the alternative I'm trying to avoid... :cheesygrin:

Back