What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing difficult objects?

Noz03

I'm having some trouble trying to remove this table on the right corner. This is how far I could get it with the cloning and healing brush, but no matter how hard I try it still looks horrible and patchy which kinda always happens to me when I try to remove objects.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong and how I can improve on it?

hr_DN4_6859-2.jpg hr_DN4_6859e.jpg

JJLAPIN

Guru
Here is a Quick Fix that only took minutes. It is rough but will give you an idea how to do it.
1. Make a selection on the left side of the image and copy that to a new layer.
2. Transform it and flip it horizontally and then rotate it manually to fit the existing perspective.
3. Brush in some more floor in and then mask out the guy from your new layer.
Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 5.39.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 5.47.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 5.48.03 PM.png

polarwoc

Guru
I have taken your edited pic, made a Lasso selection of the left side, flipped it over horizontally, made a selection of the photo just excluding the shaded floor area and wall, as shown. I clone stamped some left out areas and the area that showed sharp contrast between highlight and shadow, I have blurred out.
2.png
Let us know if I was unclear.

Noz03

Thanks! It worked really well. Here was my result:
hr_DN4_6859e.jpg

I tried to do it on anther image though and then realised I have no idea how to create the door way area, and isn't anything else like that in the image to use. Any suggestions how I could do this?

This is where I got to, not even close :(
hr_DN4_6845e.jpg

Attachments

• hr_DN4_6845e.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

polarwoc

Guru
In addition, there is lots of information that can be used from above the shoulder of the man on the Right. Alternatively, since you have another pic with similar lighting and similar angles, you could use the doorway edge from that pic too.