What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Removing Grass

mjacko57

Hi
Is there anyone that would be able to remove the grass strands that are covering the face and chest of my black labrador in the attached image?

I'm not too bothered about her side but it would look a lot better if the grass didn't show on her chest and face. Both these dogs are no longer with us so unfortunately am unable to take another picture and I would love to get it framed. I've tried but failed miserably so hopefully there is someone with a lot more knowledge than me could do it

Thank you

IMG_0076 1.JPG

A beautiful shot. Lost our pupper of 12 years about 3 weeks ago. These images are precious.
Did what I could around the face and also some overall brightening and saturation adjustment. Might come back later to do more touchup.

lab in grass.jpg

Last edited:
I love a challenging request, I was working on this as well and was almost done, but I now have to run!

Here's a WIP screenshot. Will finish later.
Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 9.19.30 AM.png

Here's my second edit removing the grass from the doggo's chest area. Also cleaned up some spare bits on his buddy's chest.

lab in grass REV.jpg

Thank you so much for trying for me, that's looking brilliant. Would you be able to remove the greeny bits on her nose area?
Cleaned up her schnozzle - let me know if there's anything else you need...:)

lab in grass REV2.jpg

Worked til 10:00................had some time to work on her nose and face when I came home. Will work some more in the morning. Just have her left eye forehead left and then some touch ups.

WIP
Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 10.48.23 PM copy.png

Cleaned up her schnozzle - let me know if there's anything else you need...:)

Jeff, you did a really good job on the fur, but I'm still seeing a lot of green around the dog's face. Below is your edit where all I did is desaturate the yellow channel with a Hue/Saturation layer. This also whitens the teeth, which may or may not be desirable.

Just a suggestion.
Rich

1635569249069.png

Jeff, you did a really good job on the fur, but I'm still seeing a lot of green around the dog's face. Below is your edit where all I did is desaturate the yellow channel with a Hue/Saturation layer. This also whitens the teeth, which may or may not be desirable.
Just a suggestion.
Rich
Rich - the OP made a similar comment in a conversation. I just don't see it. I cleaned one small bit on the left but that's it. Can you please circle the areas you see where green is showing up? I'd like to complete the request the right way.
- Jeff

Rich - the OP made a similar comment in a conversation. I just don't see it. I cleaned one small bit on the left but that's it. Can you please circle the areas you see where green is showing up? I'd like to complete the request the right way.
- Jeff

I'm seeing green where all the white arrows are pointing. At the bottom of the dog's ear, I created a square box with color R94, G97, B60, which is the reading I get when I use the color sampler where that particular white arrow is pointing. To me, that color box is unambiguously green.

1635576087206.png

Hi

Thank you so much both of you for your efforts.

Rich that's really good it looks like you have got rid of the green bits.

@Rich54 and @mjacko57 - based on Rich's chart, I went in and corrected the spots. Some were easier for me to spot than others - maybe it's my eyes or monitor.
Did some extra cloning and also brought down the yellow. Hopefully this completes it.

lab in grass REV3.jpg

JeffK, I'm sorry but I can still see a green tint on her nose.

Rich54 & IamSam both of yours look really good. Would I be able to use them so I can get a canvas done & if so am I able to get the updated image?

I don't have my own version to post. I took JeffK's edit and removed all the green.
Jeff, regardless of whether you're seeing any green, if you wanted to replicate what I did, simply add a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer and then fully desaturate the Yellow channel. That's it. Then mask it so that it applies to the entire head, but probably excluding the tongue.

Regarding @IamSam 's version, I won't speak for him, but when someone posts an edited image to this free forum, that means he/she is giving it to you to use. All you need to do is save Sam's final version to your computer.

Would I be able to use them so I can get a canvas done & if so am I able to get the updated image?
Regarding @IamSam 's version, I won't speak for him, but when someone posts an edited image to this free forum, that means he/she is giving it to you to use.
Yes. As Rich points out, if someone performs an edit for you in this, the Free Edit Forum, you can use the edits any way you like!

@Rich54 - I'm at a final point of frustration. Can't see where the green is that the OP is complaining about. Rather than disappoint again, please feel fee to use my file. If you'd like the pad file let me know. I can't fix what I can't see.

@Rich54 - I'm at a final point of frustration. Can't see where the green is that the OP is complaining about. Rather than disappoint again, please feel fee to use my file. If you'd like the pad file let me know. I can't fix what I can't see.

Ok, here's Jeff's edit with the last remnants of green removed.

JeffK Edit.jpg

Back