What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Removing part of an image

Alightnine

Hi guys! Can you help me removing just the man from the image below, please? I've been trying for hours, but it's simply beyond me. Thanks.

5z4nbs.jpg

When you say "removing just the man from the image", do you mean you want to keep the man and nothing else? Or do you mean that you want the man to be gone and the remaining background image filled-in? The former is fairly easy—here's a PNG file of the man only. (It looks like it's on a white background but it's actually a transparent background that you can place into any other image.) But if you meant the latter, then that's quite difficult.

Rich

man.png

Sorry! I wasn't very clear. I wanted to keep the man, what you just did, and I cannot thank you enough!! I'd love to be as good as you. Thanks a lot!

Glad I could help. If you want to practice doing it yourself, I used the Pen Tool.

Thanks for the advice! Now, I would like to try erasing all the other stuff and just leaving the background. Do you have any advice for that? How should I go for it? Hope I don't bother much!

It should only remain the background. Writings and the simbols should go off. Certainly I'd need the pen, but I don't understand how to leave the background clean after erasing the simbols on it and not cancelling it with them.

Ok, now I understand. This is extremely difficult for two reasons. First, you are correct that after you erase the writing and other symbols the background will be "cancelled" with them. The missing background then needs to be filled-in by either drawing it manually or copying areas from other parts of the image. This is very, very difficult to make it look right because this is a complicated image with a lot of colors, textures and perspective. The second problem is that your image is so small it is very difficult to work with, which makes the job even harder. I don't think I'd be able to do it.

The only other thing I can think of is... if the image of the room is a well-known painting, then you might possibly find another photo of it that doesn't have all the symbols and writing.

Good luck.

Back