What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Repeat Action Shortcut

AJF4ME

Hi,
On an earlier PS version I was able to repeat a previous action over and over i.e. if I sharpen an image then want to repeat that action on subsequent images I would hit Command F. What is that called and what is the keyboard shortcut for that?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Are you talking about an actual Ps action or are you referring to a process..........as in just repeating the sharpen filter?

1 - An action is a series of recorded steps in Photoshop played back without having to manually apply each process.

2 - An action is a feature in Photoshop that lets users download or create a set of procedures that can be reused over and over to edit an image in a particular way. An action is created by manually performing a series of steps and recording them in an ATN file.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If you are just wanting to apply the last filter used, the shortcut (mac) Cntrl(not alt) + Command + F

Check your "Keyboard Shortcut and Menus" to see what your assigned shortcut is....
Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 9.41.48 AM.png

AJF4ME

I'm using a sharpening plug-in and wasn't thinking of it as a filter. I use the NIK Collection which IMO is excellent btw.