What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Repetitive "pattern" to create a wallpaper

AurélieD

Hello everyone! First question of my life on this site, I thank you in advance for your help!

Here is my problem: I found an interesting video on youtube to create a wallpaper from a scanned drawing, but the manipulations to do were not detailed ... I am looking to reproduce the effect / tool / manipulation to do to get this image repetition live on photoshop, to build a wallpaper in real time.

I'm trying to do it on photoshop like in this video (from minute 6.10) tuto youtube

I found a lot of tutorials on the net to create a repeated pattern on photoshop but it's not the same manipulation as the one I'm talking about and it's this one that interests me.

I searched a lot on the net before calling on you but if I missed something I'm sorry! thank you for your help!

ps: I have photoshop CC2017 ^^

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi @AurélieD
The video that you saw was using Photoshop 2021 with the new Pattern Preview feature (not in your version of PS)
Search for Pattern Preview in Photoshop 2021 and there are lots of videos demonstrating how to create the patterns.
Here is an example help file on the topics: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/pattern-preview.html

The speed and dexterity of the artist in your video is using a number of techniques for productivity (maybe a tablet) to resize and rotate objects.

So you have two primary topics.
- using Pattern Preview in Photoshop 2021
- productivity and tablet/keyboard techniques to move and manipulate objects for placement when creating a pattern.

I believe you will need to search separately for the two topics to achieve the results of the video you shared in your link.
Hope this helps
John Wheeler

AurélieD

Hi John!
Thank you very much for your answer! You have found what I was looking for!
So I understand that I don't have the right version of the software, I just have to get it.
Thank you again for your help, it will save me in the future from wasting a lot of time trying to reproduce impossible operations in an obsolete software ^^