What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replace the Photoshop eraser symbol with an imported symbol

LeoStil

Hi. I hope I'm atthe good place.
I want to record with QuickTime (or other app) a video showing the erasure of a layer discovering the contents of a lower layer. I wish it was a hand that erases, not the symbol of the Photoshop eraser. Is it possible to import a PNG and replace (temporarily) the "factory" symbol with mine? If yes, how to do that?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome.

Is it possible to import a PNG and replace (temporarily) the "factory" symbol with mine?
As far as I know, you would not be able to replace the actual native "Photoshop erasure tool" symbol with an imported hand symbol within Photoshop itself. Having said that, there may be a way that I'm not aware of. Other wise you would probably have to animate the hand symbol in the post video software.