What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[REQUEST] custom text

laundrybag

hello everyone i've never been around photoshop forums but if you've been around any diablo 2 forums you might recognize me. anyway...

i really hate to make my first post asking for help but frankly i need it.
i'm in need of some text that says "LIQUID STONE"

my idea is this...
a font like the letter "A" below where the top is liquified but the bottom is normal and has a concrete texture like the sample i provided below.
if the top liquid part could be tinted blue that would be great.

thanks for your time reading this and for any help you may be able to give

Attachments

• liquified.jpg
    liquified.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 33
  • concrete.jpg
    concrete.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 30
The above text appears to have been altered from a normal text by using effects. Someone else may know of a font that does that, but if you want more info on creating that effect, I may be able to help you. Your best bet might be to look for tutorials online.

Well, I hope someone here has a more satisfactory answer for you. :mrgreen:

Welcome to PSG forum; love your handle. And no worries, questions are what bring a lot, if not most, of us to the forum.

Typical how A is the easiest letter to do and yet the words requested contains mainly flat top characters.

where there's fire, there's smoke.
I don't get it, LOL.
Just kidding.
when Hoog's around, where there's fire, there's water!

giving it a shot too. But I've gotta go. So far I have layer effects emboss and contour with ring contours and applied the filter>distort>zig zag. If I had more time I'd work on the water splash effects, though I think that could be done with transformation of water images. I look forward to what you get Hoogle.

Each letter will need customizing, most likely with the smudge tool, could be lots of time involved and each letter is going to be so subject to each person. Very unique though, nice idea!

oops didn't see that H... nice job

oops uploaded the wrong png but wont bother changing it as it is not what was requested
I just used a standard font with some layer effects some rock textures and liquified the letters used a water image liquified to the text and a few water drop brushes. The thing is it is fiddly and time consuming.
Thanks iDad appreciate the comment

Ok 3 variations it is not exactly what your after and I spruced 1 up a bit lol Lets just hope Clare is more disciplined than me
View attachment 9872View attachment 9873View attachment 9874

oh my gosh you guys i didn't expect something so cool as fast as this

after reading clares reply about the effects i was looking for the old hard drive with my photoshop on it but what you have made is way better than anything i would have done. glad i stopped back in before going to the garage :)
anxious to see what claire makes too

thanks so much

Yeah no Pressure now Clare she is waiting on you lol

i'm pretty sure what you mean is just some fun but i just wanted to comment to be sure.
when you said pressure, is that cuz i said i was anxious. i'm not trying to put any pressure. i know i'm the one asking, i'm not one of the "entitlement" people.
i help people IRL and when the help comes back my way it's just all the better.
karma maybe??? who knows.

the - "she is waiting on you" - ummm errrr, i'm a guy :cheesygrin:
if it's the name that threw you...
to make a long story short. it was a long long time ago i signed up at a diablo site expecting to lurk but instead i quickly became part of the community and a moderator. so my "throw away" name became my internet handle

Ok let me explain me and Clare are very good friends we mock each other all the time It has nothing to do with actual pressure by yourself sorry to give that impression. We are a community here and everything is mostly in good will humour and love. implying that I assume your were female from your username makes me sound sexist lol. Everytime I say He I get it wrong I randomly tried a she but sometimes I just go with gender neutral. You have to take a gamble once in a while. I am sorry for getting it wrong.
I went for a rainbow effect trying to make a wallpaper for myself but means nothing with the text I may have to re do this and spend some time doing it.
rainbow.jpg

Hoog is just a showoff, stick around you'll get use to Him lol

Ok let me explain me and Clare are very good friends we mock each other all the time It has nothing to do with actual pressure by yourself sorry to give that impression.
no need for "sorry". i figured you were just playin. i only mentioned it cuz i'm new here and wanted to cover my butt. didn't wanna upset any regulars on my first day

implying that I assume your were female from your username makes me sound sexist lol. Everytime I say He I get it wrong I randomly tried a she but sometimes I just go with gender neutral. You have to take a gamble once in a while. I am sorry for getting it wrong.
oopsy... sexist.
lol never even entered my mind. i don't pay much attention to that politically correct stuff. i am curious as to what the "gender neutral" terms are though??? for some reason this makes me laugh

I went for a rainbow effect trying to make a wallpaper for myself but means nothing with the text I may have to re do this and spend some time doing it.

that looks kinda cool with the color. what text are you changing it to?

Renaming?.... Lol come on your a big boy you can take a bit of teasing

Back