What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Request: Photo shop this please?

crisco

I am painting my truck this weekend and can't visualize how it might look.
The first pic is a stock suburban to use as a base.
The second one is a blazer with the colors I like.
The third is the hub caps I want to use.

Can someone please do the suburban in the gold bottom from the blazer with the hub caps,
Then one with the two tone gold bottom silver top,
And if it's not asking too much one with just the silver?

Thanks in advance!!

OK, I uploaded them. If anyone prefers I have them on photobucket full size.

Attachments

• burban 2.jpg
    burban 2.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 0
  • blazer 1.jpg
    blazer 1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 31
  • moon disks 2.jpg
    moon disks 2.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 31
If it helps I am going to do the Suburban like the blazer. No trim, no hood ornament, etc. The door handles, grill, bumpers and mirrors will be like on the suburban though.

well more fiddly with the masking is the time consuming and then it is not the easiest colour to achieve to get that it had about 7 layers on top of each other and still not right next time request a red blue or yellow 1 lol. THanks $sirM4x1mu$

Hoog, maybe I'll put up a picture of my truck and you can do it in that color and maybe a little darker towards bronze. I hope to get it painted in the next couple months. I'll probably keep the same hubcaps though!

Just kidding! Kinda. Beautiful work.

So does photoshop only allow you to add color onto a layer, not fill?
Don't get me wrong, I am AMAZED at how this looks, just trying to figure out why it's still two toned.
SO I assume it's color on a color, not color replacing a color? I decided today I am going to crossover and learn PS. Downloaded the trial and just finished installing it.

I am new to this so thinking super basic, and only going on what I know/use.
I am a CAD guy, and my software lets me pick a color and change everything in the file from that color to another. I use layers but call them levels. I can hide levels etc. I can also hide only lines, points, arcs, splines, etc.

Importing a file like an IGES or JPG is easy, doing any real editing is a royal PITA.
The stuff I use is more for engineering, not graphics, so I assume I have a steep learning curve ahead to catch up to Hoog!

Everything is possible in Photoshop however if you just made an outline selection of the part you want colouring and then fill it with a colour you will get just that a solid shape colour with no shading or contour it will just flatten the image out and you would end up with a photorealistic image with some nasty looking vector graphic shape stuck in it. But yes you could even out the colours you would have to do what I did and make the whole vehicle a new color but then you would have to select each section that is a different colour and adjust the levels, color balance and brightness individually until it all matched and then paint in shadows etc to make it look more realistic butr then you would be looking at a lot more effort and a lot longer time put into it.
And thanks for the compliments everyone I am sure I did nothing different than most of you would have done

and it does not look as cool being more equal tone colors see

Attachments

• 1tone.jpg
    1tone.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 14
Can you do one like the first one, but use the silver on top? The line just below the door handles on up in silver, then the copperish on bottom like the first pic?

Back