What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Request to combine dinosaurs and cowboys

Filterman

Hey all, so I don't have anything beyond rudimentary Photoshop skills, so I was hoping to get some help with a request. Basically I have a tabletop miniatures game (same general idea as Warhammer 40k, if anyone is familiar with it) and the art in my rulebook is rather...lacking at the moment. The theme of the game is cowboys that ride dinosaurs in a futuristic setting. Laser six-shooters are included, so it's a pretty pulpy, fun setting. I have a blog with some design ideas and the rules, but I'll adhere to the "no links until 8 posts" rule and skip linking to that. :)

Anyways if this topic sounds interesting I'd love to see any works people can make around this idea. For example I found an old Pony Express ad and I'd love to see someone try to replace the horse rider at the top with someone mounted on a dinosaur!

Old-Pony-Express-Ad.jpg

Filterman

Oh wicked! Thanks so much for the effort. This is exactly what I was thinking, especially the second one (I think because the dinosaur effect matches the cowboy so well). Any chance to put it on top of the poster I linked at the start?

I would love to see anymore ideas or works people have!

Jessicayla

Hoopy Frood
No original work here for you, but I put Manda Burns' work onto the poster you posted above:

ponyexpress.jpg

I tried to make it blend in with the poster by dulling the image and erasing some parts.

Awesome idea by the way. I've only played Warhammer 40k once with my boyfriend and some friends but it was pretty fun! I also played a Warhammer game on Steam and that was super fun too. Your game has a pretty ingenious premise, so good luck with it!

Filterman

Wow Jessicayla that looks perfect, you did a really good job of blending the tones so it looks exactly like the original poster content. Thanks a lot for the help, I'm really looking forward to putting this into the rulebook!

Filterman

I also totally just realized "Dino Express" would probably be more fitting than Pony Express. So easy to overlook these things :confused: even when it's my genre, haha.