What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reset DEFAULT frame rate in Frame Animation Pallet?

Nwertz

Hi Everyone!

I create animated gifs frequently using the Frame Animation pallet. The default frame rate starts out as 10 seconds, so I always have to change it to 4 seconds. Is there anyway to reset the default frame rate that I start out with to 4 seconds, so that I don't have to change it every time?

Preferences did not yield any promising menus

I know the standard default reset with many Adobe products is to change it without a document open, but in PS CS5.5 if you do not have a document open the frame rate option is greyed out :(

Thanks in advance for your help, oh wise ones!

Myabe I'm wrong but I think there's no such option for resetting the frame animation time to a default value but really why bother ? it only takes a second to change that value..

Nwertz

Dear Evil,

Thanks for replying.

I thought there was some way to change the default because mine was stuck on 10 seconds for weeks—I'm not sure how that happened. But, when I tried to reset it to 4 seconds by: starting up PS; creating new doc; setting frame rate to 4 seconds; closing new doc without saving. It got reset to 0 seconds as a default (which, I believe is the factory setting).

So unless there was some program glitch that made it stick at 10 seconds, I had hit some sequence of commands changing the default to 10 seconds.

You are right, it does just take a couple of seconds to change the frame rate—but all of those seconds add up. I do take advantage of many of the time-saving programable pre-sets and hoped that this was also adjustable.

All the best,

Nora