What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reset Pallates & Size and resolution we work in.

gemindian

Hi, all my fellow adobeins of this wonderfull world called Creatives.

Yes i think we all can boast of being in a seperate world in ourselves and this lovely land we are in (psg.com) which makes us citizens, (adobeins) that too not normal citizens but citizens with perfect social responsibilities of helping each other and sharing ones happines and sorrow.

Ok so now i have told how i feel of my association with psg.com.

I will state my problems

1) Is the there any keybaord shortcut to RESET PALLATES

2) Till now i was working in 100% size of what i was working in
for instance if my final image will be 10cm by 10cm i used to work at the exact size and 300 dpi resolution, but my friend is suggesting to save time working on the file that we can work in half the size and the keep the resolution 400 dpi and after doing all the work we flaten it and make it 200% resample is it okay to do like this.

Please give me your opinions on this please

"luv for all"
gemindian

C9Mouse

Power User
There is no keyboard shortcut to reset the palettes. However, if you'd like to return the palettes to the default locations go to File > Preferences > General and click the button to reset Palette Locations.

I don't understand your second question.

austizmo

I think what he means is that rather than working with the image at the size that it will be, that he is working at half that size at a higher resolution and then sizing it up when he's finished.

Are you working in vectors? If so then It shouldn't matter, but if you're working with raster images there will always be some loss of detail when sizing an image up.

C9Mouse

Power User
What do you mean by "sizing it up"? I've heard this a lot, people sizing up an image or working at a larger size and then reducing afterwards. Given the degradation that resizing does to any image (except of course for anything vector) this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Could you explain what you mean?