What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Residential Shot

Possum169

I've been working on some new techniques and really studying up on a new course with Photoshop and I wanted some feedback on this recent residential shot that I took. I had some issues with walls. I blured to smooth it out. 1610630300909_final-1_resize_78.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It might help if you posted the Before image.

thebestcpu

Guru
I agree with @IamSam
Also, I assume this is to be used in marketing in renting/selling this residential unit. So what do you want the customer/consumer to see? So what would be important to know is what are the top selling features you are trying to emphasize.
E.G. is it the interior or the exterior view that should have priority?
My approach would be to focus on the higher priority and then minimize the distractions of the less important priority.
If you priority was the view, then I would focus on enhancing the outside image more. It appears that you have already reduced the distractions of the interior.
Just some quick thoughts.
John Wheeler

Possum169

I agree with @IamSam
Also, I assume this is to be used in marketing in renting/selling this residential unit. So what do you want the customer/consumer to see? So what would be important to know is what are the top selling features you are trying to emphasize.
E.G. is it the interior or the exterior view that should have priority?
My approach would be to focus on the higher priority and then minimize the distractions of the less important priority.
If you priority was the view, then I would focus on enhancing the outside image more. It appears that you have already reduced the distractions of the interior.
Just some quick thoughts.
John Wheeler
Well I'm thinking that since the apartment is empty focusing on the outside would probably be my priority. Maybe I would look to improve detail outside. Weather and windows playing a part. Window pulls I guees...

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It might help if you posted the Before image.
I agree with @IamSam
Yes........there's actually lot's of issues with the edit an plenty to comment on here but it's difficult not knowing the original state or starting point of the photo.

One of the first things I noticed was this strange box....
Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 9.15.13 AM.png

Also tonal variations here. Hard to tell if this was just part of the original or the edit.
Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 9.17.49 AM.png

Possum169

Ok I'll include the sooc shots. The box is a shadow from the flash angle. I'm working on the flash/ambient and I will look to improve on that. Thanks for the feedback. I'm working on it...

Possum169

Ok I'll include the sooc shots. The box is a shadow from the flash angle. I'm working on the flash/ambient and I will look to improve on that. Thanks for the feedback. I'm working on it...
Oh now I see what you men. I might have forgotten to unselect. I must pay closer attention.

Possum169

Here are the originals. I realize it's important to critique my edits. I might have workflow issue.

sample-1.jpg

sample-2.jpg

3-1.jpg

Last edited: