What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Residential shot

polarwoc

Guru
If you could provide a description of what changed to what, that would get me to understand and appreciate the work better. So far, I see two pics at two different view points of the same room.

polarwoc

Guru
So what do you think of the finished shot?
From what I glean about Flambient technique, one of the aims is to get rid of shadows - that criteria still needs addressing. In the kitchen room, most of the yellows have been desaturated, when only some should have been reduced. I notice that the two walls look a different shade in original pic, and you possibly corrected it to look similar on both walls, which is good work. However, the corrected colours should not give a different impression to the viewer when they visit the room after viewing the pics.

Sorry, just shared my honest views.

Possum169

From what I glean about Flambient technique, one of the aims is to get rid of shadows - that criteria still needs addressing. In the kitchen room, most of the yellows have been desaturated, when only some should have been reduced. I notice that the two walls look a different shade in original pic, and you possibly corrected it to look similar on both walls, which is good work. However, the corrected colours should not give a different impression to the viewer when they visit the room after viewing the pics.

Sorry, just shared my honest views.
I'm hear to work on my skillset so I need honesty. I have had my battles with color and I'm still working on perfecting that area of my photography. Just got a color checker aside from working on it. Thanks. Could you elaborate on removing yellow but only some of it?

polarwoc

Guru
Could you elaborate on removing yellow but only some of it?
1.jpg
The original has too much yellow in it while the corrected one has too little. The image below is a suggested possibility - it is certainly not colour corrected to satisfaction, just indicative.

Possum169

View attachment 123164
The original has too much yellow in it while the corrected one has too little. The image below is a suggested possibility - it is certainly not colour corrected to satisfaction, just indicative.
Thank you so much. That's exactly what I like information and Technical advice. Reduce the color to taste don't just pull it out. 👍🏾