What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resize and then the edges are smoothed. Why?

foton

Hi!

I have an image that is with sharp edges, very accurate. But when I move it to another page and resize the edges become a little clearer, only the last row of pixels in each edge. Feather is 0. So...Does somebody now what is going on?

Thank you!

..Two pics below: before, and after to move and resize.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-12-14 at 7.09.43 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-12-14 at 7.09.43 PM.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Screen shot 2012-12-14 at 7.06.59 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-12-14 at 7.06.59 PM.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 16
check to see if each document has same pixel settings? (resolution) just a thought

try copy and paste from one page to another (dont use selection tool) then resize

Are you going from smaller to bigger or vice versa

From bigger to smaller. I believe that there is some tool to make edges smooth just in the last row of pixels on each side. Do you know what would be this tool? And what is the way to get to it?

you can crop out the edges or recolor

what your seeing is by semi transparent pixels

I can't crop out the edges or recolor because each time I will duplicate image, the transparent pixels will be there. So, what I need to know is where can I deselect a tool to resize and keep edges defined please.

Last edited by a moderator:
the egdes are defined from here it may not be a difficult question but I still don't understand what you're asking defining the edge?

Well, if you have a look at the images I sent maybe that can help. The first one is the original image, the second is with the smooth effect. I wanna all the edges like the original. Do you know what I mean now?

Hey come on! I can't delete! I need to make many, many like that. So, I just wanna know the tool where I deselect the command to dilute opacity along edges!

Post the psd If you can

Ok, I have experimented with this issue and foton is right!

If you open an image and try, through any method, to move that image to a new document, you lose the transparency of a 1 pixel row all the way around your moved image. I have tried everything that I can think of to stop this anomaly from occurring. I have seen this before when I used a blur filter but it really never bothered me much.

I hope someone else has a solution to this issue.

Try setting of 'nearest neighbor' (preserve hard edges) in the drop down for image size panel.

Activate free transform(ctrl+T) to resize. Though you are resizing a vector, I suggest you to select "nearest neighbor" rather than "bicubic(default)"in the option bar(top one). Photoshop has designed this mathematical algorithm especially for resizing vectors or illustrations.

Back